10/14/2004
What hit me today
The realization that for at least a little while longer, Austin, Texas is home for me. I'm studying in Toronto until December, learning some Canadian constitutional law, and watching the damnable presidential election from a safe distance. And some days, I just wish I was back in Austin. I'm having enough fun here; it isn't that.
  • But I miss my UT professors. I'm not feeling as intellectually stimulated here.
  • I miss my girlfriend, and wish I could give her the last Blue Pepsi on Earth in person, before I break down and drink it.
  • I miss my cats. Let me rephrase. I miss the idea of my cats.
  • I miss my law school friends, and mistily remember that time I kicked Matt's ass at pool.
  • And as it starts to get cold here in TO, I'm suddenly remembering how gorgeous "fall" in Austin can be. I sweated through the entire summer in Texas, and won't even get to enjoy the good stuff.
(Editorial aside: did you know you can do bullet points in this? And how geeky is it to use bullet points? Pretty geeky, right?)

I'll suck it up. Since I'm the one who wanted to do this, I might as well enjoy myself. I should start soon. I've been here over a month already, and I still haven't eaten poutine.
 
# by Chris @ 2:24 PM
Comments:
You forgot the wonderful, enthralling feeling of living in a progressive enclave in an otherwise reactionary sea, thus allowing you to enjoy life among your compatriots while fighting the good fight against the bad guys.

And don't forget the music, too.  
Post a Comment